Bay to return to blended modality Monday

Livy Maillet, Editor

The Whitefish Bay High School will return to its original hybrid school plan on Monday, November 9.

Ms. Levek sent out an email this past week after students learned they’d be attending school temporarily online for a week and a half, after a coronavirus outbreak occurred at the high school.

The email also states that “community transmission [of the coronavirus] is at high to critical levels in the North Shore, county, and state. She also included strategies to keep another outbreak from happening in the high school by avoiding contact with people outside of your household, avoiding non-essential travel, to practice social distancing and to wear masks.

The local health department also suggests that ti is also smart to stay home if you feel ill to reduce the chance of spreading the virus.

Ms. Levek says this is essential in order to stay in a hybrid learning environment.

Some students have expressed skepticism about going back to school, especially when outbreaks are at an all-time high, according to the Milwaukee County COVID-19 Dashboard.

“I don’t want to go back [to school] to be honest because I’m scared I will become in contact with the virus. I’ve been vibing with online school,” Kate Fetterley, a senior, said.